YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish works to increase equity and opportunity in our community through our Economic Advancement programs. We are on a mission to overcome racial and gender disparities and reduce institutional and societal barriers that drive inequalities in compensation, education, and employment opportunities.
- YWCA offers more than a dozen Economic Advancement programs, which help low-income women and men overcome barriers to employment, secure living wage jobs, and build career pathways.
- YWCA’s Economic Advancement programs served nearly 2,500 clients in King County in 2016.
- Each program is tailored to meet the unique needs of the community, with services that include career centers, job training and placement, financial resources and coaching, as well as specialized services for populations that face higher barriers to employment (i.e. experiencing homelessness, formerly incarcerated, veterans, youth, over 55).
YWCA operates an increasing number of different economic empowerment programs, based out of ten different King County locations. We currently offer the following Economic Advancement programs and partnerships:
- Career center locations: Auburn Learning Center, Greenbridge Learning Center, Opportunity Place, Seola Gardens Technology Center, WorkSource
- Financial resources: Economic Resilience Initiative, Hope & Power for Your Personal Finances, Money Mechanics
- Job training programs: BankWork$, Basic Food Employment & Training, Career Pathways, CareerWork$, Community Jobs, Resources to Initiate Successful Employment, Women in Manufacturing
- Specialized employment programs: Employment & Housing Stability, Greenbridge Youth Employment, Homeless Intervention, King County Jobs Initiative, Rapid Re-Housing for Single Adults, Title V Employment, Veterans Employment
Our programs ensure that families, as well as individuals, are empowered by creating and promoting local wealth, eventually leading from the path of poverty to prosperity. Our programs are sustainable, successful, and inclusive, and propel our clients to the next level of achievement.