Health & Safety
YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish works to increase wellness and safety in our community through our Health & Safety programs. We are on a mission to connect low-income women and men to accessible health care resources.
- YWCA's Health & Safety programs strive to make all services culturally competent and linguistically appropriate.
- YWCA’s Health & Safety programs served over 2,000 people in 2019.
- Each program provides unique services to the needs of the community, including health education, mental health counseling, substance use disorder treatment, wellness coaching, peer support, care coordination, and insurance enrollment.
YWCA currently offers the following Health programs and partnerships:
- Gender-based violence advocacy: Survivors FIRST, Commercial Sexual Exploitation Services, Sexual Assault Services, Children’s Domestic Violence Services, and Domestic Violence Services
- Health access and education: BABES Network-YWCA, Health Care Access
Our programs work toward overcoming racial and gender disparities and institutional barriers that drive inequities in health care access and quality of life. When communities are healthy and safe, we all prosper.