- History of Seattle's Pride celebrations [YWCA Seattle King Snohomish Blog]
Did you know Seattle has one of the nation's longest running Pride events in the country?
- Meet the black lesbian who kick-started the gay liberation movement [YWCA Seattle King Snohomish Blog]
Stormé DeLarverie has largely been forgotten by history, but served as crucial part of the Stonewall Inn Uprising
- Who threw the first brick at Stonewall? Let's argue about it [New York Times]
The stories we tell about Stonewall reflect its purpose — reclaiming a narrative from which you were excluded
- Philadelphia’s new, inclusive gay pride flag is making gay white men angry [Vox]
Learn the background on More Color More Pride's work to expand LGBTQ+ representation
- ‘Pose’ star MJ Rodriguez says simply being trans is activism [Variety]
Actress and advocate weighs in on the power of Pride
- Janet Mock: Why gender pronouns matter [The Root]
What’s in a name? A hell of a lot when it comes to someone’s identity
- Violets, bi-angles, and double moons: A guide to LGBTQ+ symbols [Refinery29]
You may be familiar with the double Venus and double Mars designs, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg
Happy Pride, all!
Annalee Schafranek is the Public Relations & Marketing Manager at YWCA. She contributes agency news, press releases, and media coverage to the website. Annalee’s educational and professional experience has always focused on the place where gender equity and media meet.
We share the stories of our clients, programs, and staff, as well as news about the agency and what’s happening in our King and Snohomish community.