Homeless Employment Program
2024 Third Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121
16601 NE 80th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
1010 S. Second St.
Renton, WA 98057
Sunday Closed Monday 9:00 am-5:00 pm Tuesday 9:00 am-5:00 pm Wednesday 9:00 am-5:00 pm Thursday 9:00 am-5:00 pm Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm Saturday Closed
Kent & Opportunity Place
Family Village Redmond & Opportunity Place
YWCA’s Homeless Employment Program, provides people experiencing homelessness or people who are at risk of homelessness with a full range of individualized employment and support services needed to achieve self-sufficiency and stable housing.
The Homeless Employment Program, provides people experiencing homelessness or people who are at risk of homelessness with a full range of individualized employment and support services needed to achieve self-sufficiency and stable housing.
- Career Development and Coaching
- Job Search and Job Placement Assistance
- Identifying Strengths and Addressing Barriers
- Tools, Clothing and Transportation for Work
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Housing Navigation Including Resources and Information
- Financial Empowerment and Resources
What can we provide?
Once enrolled, an employment navigator will help you:
- Discover your professional interests, skills and goals
- Create effective resumes and cover letters
- Access job listings and job search tools
- Develop and pursue job leads
- Practice interviewing and networking techniques
- Access education and job training opportunities
- Navigate the housing system
- Plan for the future
What happens after you find a job?
Your employment navigator will also help you to continue to develop your workplace skills and to access stable housing, including:
- Understanding an employer’s expectations
- Developing good work habits
- Communicating effectively with coworkers
- Dealing with workplace stress
- Adapting to the workplace
- Advancing your career
- Stabilizing your housing through coordination with the housing system
- Accessing Rapid Rehousing (if eligible)
- Financial planning
This program has received funding from the Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy
Eligibility & Enrollment
- Live in King County
- Are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness
- Are 18 or older
- Have a valid photo ID and Social Security card
- Are motivated to find work and can commit to meeting regularly with an employment navigator.
MID JUNE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS
Learn how to get started as a YWCA volunteer.
YWCA Celebrates Snohomish County
Henry M. Jackson Conference Center @ Everett Community College
Join us for a community celebration of YWCA’s Snohomish County programs, staff, and supporters!