Incarceration, addiction, and homelessness make it difficult to overcome barriers to obtain housing, employment, and education. Passage Point offers supportive housing, services, and advocacy for previously incarcerated parents to facilitate family reunification and stability.
Through educational and social opportunities, Passage Point helps reduce the chances of re-incarceration by equipping parents with the tools, skills, and resources for success. Re-Entry Life Coaches work with residents individually, encouraging self-sufficiency, positive community interaction, and connecting people to community services.
Services for residents include:
- Pre-release screening and counseling
- Intensive case management
- Family reunification support
- Education, job training, and placement support
- Financial literacy and budgeting
- Referral to mental health and chemical dependency counseling
- Domestic violence support
- Self-improvement programs
- Children services and school liaison support
- Permanent housing planning
- Follow-up case management
Passage Point is a project unlike any other in our region and makes a lasting difference for the families who live here and the community as a whole.
Passage Point residents are selected through community referrals and outreach. Each applicant goes through a screening process which includes an application, interview, child reunification assessment, and Section 8 housing voucher approval.
Eligibility guidelines for Passage Point applicants include:
- Has been incarcerated in jail or prison within the last 12 months
- No convictions for violent crime, sexual offense, or methamphetamine production
- Homeless upon release, or history of homelessness
- Has a child under the age of 18 and a reasonable chance of reuniting with them (resident family size of five or less)
- Meets income eligibility per Section 8 guidelines
- Signed agreement for YWCA housing and case management
- Demonstrated ability to make change and work toward self-sufficiency
Please see Documents listed on this page for more details.