who it helps
Vangie sets a good example for her son.
Read Vangie's story
why we give
Investing in the YWCA satisfies our desire to help change the world for the better.
We know the YWCA will be here for the long run, adapting and changing to meet the needs of our community, while remaining true to a vision that we share.
Sharon and Craig Rowley,
Council for the Future members
Council for the Future
Your gifts make a real impact on thousands of lives. Join our cause and support innovative YWCA programs that empower women and families in our community.
- Donate online: Make a fast, easy and secure online donation to the YWCA today using Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Donate by phone: To make a gift over the phone, please call us at 206.461.4448, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. To send a fax, dial 206.490.4385.
- Donate by mail: Please address checks to the YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish and send to: YWCA Development Department, 1118 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101.
- Leave a legacy: Support the future of our community with a planned gift to the YWCA. Contributions to the YWCA endowment and our Council for the Future help ensure our mission is fulfilled for years to come. Visit the planned giving page for more information or contact Emily Schoettle, 206.490.4372.
- Donate securities: A popular alternative to cash is a gift of publicly-traded securities. For more information, please contact Charlene Murray, 206.461.4433.
- Host a beneficiary event: Have fun and give back to the community by hosting your own fundraiser or product drive to benefit the YWCA. Read our event guidelines here.
- Job opportunities: Employers with job opportunities or who are interested in hiring someone from YWCA employment services, please email Mike Schwartz.
- Donate food: YWCA emergency shelters and food bank are always in need of donations. Our Central Area Food Bank accepts donations on Wednesdays between 9 a.m. - noon. For more information about food donations, please email Nichelle Hilton.
- Donate clothing: The YWCA accepts donations of work-appropriate clothing for Dress for Success® Seattle and Working Wardrobe in Seattle, Everett and Redmond. Please donate other types of clothing to your local Goodwill.
- Donate furniture: The YWCA helps provide furniture to the families living in our emergency and transitional housing. To make a furniture donation in Snohomish County, please email Luanne Kunz. In King County, please email Nichelle Hilton.