BABES Network - YWCA
A peer support program for women and families affected by HIV.
BABES Network’s mission is to reduce isolation, promote self-empowerment, enhance the quality of life and serve the needs of women living with HIV and their families through outreach, peer support, advocacy, and education.
Each year, more than 220 HIV-positive women receive peer support from HIV-positive peer advocates through:
- One-on-one peer counseling
- Non-Medical Case Management
- Support groups
- Educational forums
- BABES Talking Quarterly Newsletter
- Social events and retreats
BABES Network-YWCA serves HIV-positive women and their families in Washington state. To do an intake with one of our peer counselors, call us at 206.720.5566 or toll free at 1.888.292.1912.
HIV-positive women's support groups are held every Thursday, noon to 2 p.m. Co-ed heterosexual support groups for women and men who identify as heterosexual and their negative partners are held once a month from 6 to 8 p.m. Call for more details, 206.720.5566.
Call for details.
- HIV-positive women's support group: Every Thursday, Noon - 2 p.m.
- Heterosexual support group for men, women and negative partners: Last Wednesday of each month, 6:30 - 8 p.m.