Young Parent Program
Participants attend weekly classes to strengthen parenting, job search, and employment skills, with open access to the Young Parent Job Center and GED tutoring. Additional benefits include access to YWCA wrap-around services, up to two years of specialized case management while in YWCA housing, and follow-up support for six months after moving out of YWCA housing.
YPP has served nearly 300 young parents over ten years, and helped 100% of participants last year achieve at least one of the following milestones: gain employment, increase wages, enroll in higher education, or complete vocational training.
- Parenting class: Wednesdays, 6 – 8 p.m. (YWCA East Cherry)
- Job search class: Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, 10 a.m. – noon (Young Parent Job Center)
- GED tutoring: Monday, Thursdays, Fridays, 1 – 3 p.m. (Young Parent Job Center)
- YPP's 12-week parenting course is open for parents age 15 to 25 in Seattle; please call the contact listed above for enrollment details.
- Enrollment in YPP is mandatory for parents ages 18 to 25 who stay in YWCA emergency shelter and time-limited housing; please contact your case manager for enrollment.