Veterans Employment Program
Veterans Employment Program is designed to remove barriers to work and help veterans find full-time work through individualized assessment and employment-focused case management.
Participants learn how to translate military experience to the civilian labor market and work with staff to:
- Identify job interests, skills, goals, and career pathway options
- Effectively market skills and strengths in a resume, cover letter, and interview
- Enroll in vocational training to increase and update professional skills
- Understand employer expectations, adapt to the workplace, and manage stress
- Move up the career ladder for increased opportunities and wage growth
This program connects veterans directly with employers through hiring events and job fairs, including many that prioritize hiring former service members. We also offer workshops to help veterans brush up on their job skills, and veteran job clubs for valuable peer support.
Other services for participants may include: transportation or financial assistance, work supplies, budgeting and money management skills, and referrals to community resources, such as housing or food.
This program is provided in partnership with King County Veterans Program, WorkSource, and Washington State Employment Security Department.