location & contacts:
Angeline's Day Center
2030 3rd Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
Opens 8 a.m. everyday
Enhanced Night Program
At YWCA Angeline's Women's Center, the danger, uncertainty and indignity of living on the streets are replaced by safety, support and respect.
The homeless women who come to Angeline's Day Center can enjoy meals in the dining room, leave their belongings in large lockers, care for their personal hygiene in showers and bathrooms, and clean their clothes in the laundry rooms. They can take refuge from the cold, talk to counselors, get medical treatment, or simply sit and rest.
Angeline's opened its doors in 1987 and moved to its permanent home on the ground floor of YWCA Opportunity Place in 2004.
In the winter months, overnight shelter is offered to women 18-years and older. In addition, the Enhanced Night Program helps women who are ready for the transition to stable housing.
The Enhanced Night Program at YWCA Angeline’s helps three to four women find homes each month. In-kind donations that will support these women as they transition out of homelessness include:
- Household items: Dish sets, silverware and glasses. Knives, can openers, essential utensils. Pots and pans with lids. Microwaves, toasters.
- Bedroom items: Double sheet sets and twin sheet sets.Mattress pads, comforters, blankets and pillows.
- Bathroom items: Towel and wash cloth sets.Shower curtains with rings and bath mats.New cleaning products and new toilet bowl cleaners.
- General items: Gift cards from Bartell Drugs, Walgreens, Target, or Walmart to purchase other needed items.
Additional items that can help homeless women who come to Angeline's Day Center include:
- Feminine hygiene products, adult diapers
- Combs and brushes
- Hair products
- Perfume, jewelry, wallets, or other small personal items
- Compact umbrellas
- Pens and pocket calendars
- Sensible shoes
- Coats, hats, gloves and scarves
- Underwear and socks for adults