Youth Employment Specialist
YWCA Learning Center at Greenbridge
9720 8th Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98106
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Paid and/or unpaid eight- to 10-week internships for program participants
greenbridge youth employment program:
offers employment and education support to youth ages 16-22 living in the Park Lake II Apartments at Greenbridge in White Center.
The Greenbridge Youth Employment Program is offered in partnership with the King County Housing Authority. The program launched in July 2009.
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Interview preparation.
- Job search support.
- Job readiness training and skill building.
- Internet access.
- Eight- to 10-week internships (paid and unpaid).
- Support in completing high school or attaining a GED.
- Support in researching and applying for college.
- All youth ages 16-22 who are residents of the Park Lake II Apartments at Greenbridge in White Center.
- Must either be eligible to graduate from high school by 2011 or interested in attaining a GED.
- Must also be willing to engage in all program activities and meet regularly with a youth employment specialist.
- Applications available at the YWCA Learning Center at Greenbridge.