south king county
Located in downtown Renton, this center serves as the hub for South King County programs. There is a career center and counseling services, community meeting space and community bulletin boards.
The programs offered in this location are:
- Emergency Shelter - For at least 10,000 people in King and Snohomish Counties, YWCA is one of the largest providers of emergency shelter for homeless women and families in our region.
- Transitional Housing - Serves families that have become homeless and need to rebuild their lives.
- Homeless Intervention Project - Helps homeless people obtain full time permanent employment, along with stable, affordable housing and self-sufficiency.
- YWCA Career Center - Search for job listings, conduct a phone interview, work on resume or brush up on your computer skills.
- Economic Resilience Program - Supports women and families in maintaining economic security and self-sufficiency through education, financial assistance and various skills-building
- Employment and Housing Stability Program (EHSP) - Assists in case management, support services and assistance with job search, housing search and 12 months of job retention.
- Domestic Violence Services - Provides survivors and victims of domestic violence with comprehensive services.
- Children's Domestic Violence Program - Works with children and non abusive parents to minimize the effects of domestic violence.