east cherry branch:
In 1919, the YWCA Culture Club was located at 24th and Howell and provided one of the few public meeting places for the African American community.
In 1947 they moved to 2820 East Cherry and became the Phyllis Wheatley Branch of the YWCA, one of the first interracial YWCA branches in the country. Today this location houses administrative offices of a variety of programs.
The programs offered in this location are: