YWCA permanent housing with affordable studio apartments located in downtown Seattle.
The YWCA Lexington-Concord Apartments are two adjacent buildings located at 2nd and Battery in Belltown, just a few blocks south of Seattle Center and the Space Needle. Both buildings share onsite housing support staff, an enclosed courtyard and a laundry room. There are three floors of studio apartments, each with a bathroom and full kitchen.
Prospective tenants must have an annual income that does not exceed $30,900 for one person or $35,300 for two people.
Applications are available online and at the front desk of Opportunity Place YWCA (2024 Third Avenue) and Seneca YWCA (1118 Fifth Avenue). Applicants will be notified of progress once their application is processed.
There are open waitlists for all three of the YWCA's properties in downtown Seattle. The application process is as follows:
- Complete and submit the Downtown Seattle Housing Application (accepted for all three properties) to the Leasing Agent.
- Your application will be processed for the waitlist of the property you selected.
- When there is an available opening, the YWCA will contact you to begin reviewing your application.
To maintain your place on the property waitlist, you MUST leave a message on the Downtown Seattle Housing Information Line between the 20th and 27th of each month, to confirm you are still in need of housing and if necessary, update your contact information.
Downtown Seattle Housing Information Line: 206.436.8621
eligibility & pre-screening
The minimum pre-screening criteria for eligibility are:
- Application is complete and legible
- Meets income requirements
- WA State CBC Pass
After your application materials have been reviewed, you will be asked to complete an application for national credit screening with MOCO Inc. at a cost of $10 per applicant. A money order or cashier's check for $10, payable to the YWCA, will be required.
Additional screening criteria:
- Verified income and Third party verification of assets
- Review of Rental History, address history, public records and collection records
- Case Managers and/or Professional reference
- SHA approved application (Opportunity Place Only)
- Valid State ID
- Social Security Card
- Nationwide criminal, Sex offender and live WA and OR check through authorized screening company
Please see the Downtown Seattle Housing Application for a complete list of restrictions/disqualifications.