To apply for our King County housing programs, please call Family Housing Connections at 2-1-1.

Snohomish County
Maria Bighaus
425.774.9843, ext.236 

programs & locations:

Snohomish County
Trinity Place
Shelter Plus Care
Project Reunite

Central Area

East King County
Family Village Redmond

South King County
Auburn (KCHA) 
Villa Capri

wish list:

Gently used furniture, blankets and household items.



Bookmark and Share

transitional housing:

Time-limited housing and support to help homeless families regain stability.

Transitional housing serves many families who have lived in one or more emergency shelters, waiting for more permanent housing to become available. The YWCA operates a variety of locations across the region, serving people's different needs for varied lengths of time. Our goal is to give families the support they need and help them graduate into more permanent and stable housing. 


A trained family advocate is assigned to transitional housing residents. These advocates provide on-site support services and help families create a self-sufficiency plan. In weekly meetings, they work together on setting and reaching goals, including:

  • Permanent housing
  • Education
  • Stable employment/job training
  • Financial security
  • Legal issues
  • Mental health
  • Domestic violence
  • Chemical dependency
  • Parenting classes
  • Health-care access


  • Currently reside at an emergency shelter or meet the definition of homeless as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
  • Have documentation proving homelessness issued by a service provider.
  • Be committed to working toward self-sufficiency by setting and following through on goals.
  • Meet weekly with a family advocate.
  • Be employed or in school or be willing to engage in services that will help them move forward toward self-sufficiency.
  • Follow program guidelines.
  • Maintain a clean, sanitary and hazard-free apartment and living area.
  • Pay rent or monthly program service fees, due by the first of each month.
  • Pay damage deposit (cost varies from unit to unit).
  • Families with a history of chemical dependency must remain clean and sober and be willing to participate in a program to support their recovery.

King County Residents:  Please contact Family Housing Connections (2-1-1) to apply for YWCA transitional housing programs.