health care access:
information about free or affordable medical resources for people who are low-income or experiencing homelessness.
YWCA Health Care Access works to provide women and families who are low-income, homeless or at-risk of homelessness with information about and connections to free or low-cost medical services and coverage. This program is operated in partnership with Public Health Seattle & King County and their Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN).
- Affordable health care coverage, including insurance for children
- Medical and dental care
- Eye exams and glasses
- Pre-natal care
- Managed care education and information
- Unpaid medical bills
- Women and families who are homeless and reside at one of our partner shelter sites in Seattle.
- Referrals are accepted through our partner shelter sites.
- Partners shelter sites include: Solid Ground, Salvation Army, Mary's Place, Catholic Community Services, New Beginnings, Union Gospel Mission, Compass Housing Alliance/HomeStep, Jubilee Women's Center, Consejo and the YWCA.