Seasonal Donor & Information Services Assistant
REPORTS TO: Donor & Information Services Manager
LOCATION: YWCA Downtown, 5th & Seneca
DESCRIPTION: Provide support for the YWCA Fundraising Department with heavy data entry using the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database.
Employment with YWCA has a social justice component that requires critical thinking through the lens of racism and intersections with poverty. Knowing the core principals of antiracism and grounding those principles in everyday work are required job skills and core values. As an equal opportunity employer, we highly encourage people of color to apply.
- Assist in registration process for Inspire Luncheons including registering, checking and running reports
- Assists in preparation of Inspire Luncheons & Seasonal Events preparing nametags, reports and counting room material
- Assists in processing gifts as needed
- Assists in managing In-Kind-Donation forms (filing and entering into the database)
- Filing and copy as needed
- Performs general word processing using MS Office
- Performs input into spreadsheets using MS Excel
- Incorporate the YWCA’s Social Justice Initiative by understanding how racism, sexism, classism and other oppressions intersect and are embedded in institutions.
- Continue search for understanding of racial, gender and class equity.
- Adhere to all Volunteer Services protocol relative to volunteer usage, recognition and monitoring.
- Assure that clients, staff, volunteers and community partners are treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, ethnic background, gender or socioeconomic background.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year general office experience; database experience preferred
- Demonstrate typing and data entry accuracy; experience with Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to follow procedure
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and update skills to meet job requirements
- Show demonstrated ability to interact with people of different cultures
- Continuing search for understanding of racial, gender and class equity
- Core Competencies Expected: collaboration/partnership, oral/written communication, achieving measureable results, decision making and judgment, integrity, flexibility, organizational awareness, fostering diversity, anti-racism analysis, race & social justice and equity advocacy, self-awareness and commitment to personal and professional growth
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS POSITION: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In performing this position, the employee:
- Continuously exchanges information through listening and talking with clients, agency staff, volunteers, and individuals in the community
- Frequently stands, walks, sits, and climbs in performing duties and in traveling to off-site meetings
- Frequently reaches and grasps in using telephones, computers, and in general operations
- Frequently lifts and carries up to 5 lbs. of paperwork, files, and materials
- Frequently to occasionally performs close work while updating files, reading program information, and using computer
* Continuously over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time, and Occasionally under 20% time
RATE, HOURS, BENEFITS
- $15-15.90/hour / Non-exempt
- Temporary March through June of calendar year
- Minimum of 20 hours per week with possibly up to 40 during Luncheon season
APPLY TO: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
OR MAIL: YWCA | Betty Jimerson | 1118 5th Avenue Seattle, WA 98101
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled
The YWCA of Seattle - King – Snohomish is an Equal Opportunity Employer